Tuesday 1 December 2009

Chapter 10: The Moment

Nearly 2 month since I update but now I'm back on track! YAY! Here's an update, hopefully get another up tonight :) I'm so sorry for the wait, lets get this show on the road haha :D. Thank you soooo much for all the comments :D






No it can't be, he can't be gone.

''I'm sorry darling but he passed away a few hours ago, we didn't want to wake you.''

No! No, this was never supposed to happen!


I woke to a familiar smell. One of eggs, bacon and orange juice. Wanting to savor my last moments of sleep I didn't bother opening my eyes. Then I felt the bed shift and my eyes darted open.


''Hey sleep head,'' He smiled as I mentally worked out how the hell he could of gotten in here, the security is meant to be patrolling the lobby.


''How the fuck did you get in here!'' I shouted as I gathered up the bed clothes wrapping them around my semi-naked body and moving off the bed.


''Relax, don't worry. I know the receptionist, she gave me a key. I just figured you could use some cheering up after last night.'' He started the puppy dog eyes but I'd be damned if I let him get round me that easily.


''You can't just come in here, what if I'd been naked!'' I said a little confused the more I thought about what his intentions could be.


''Well them all the more fun for me. Come on, calm down I was only being thoughtful,'' He continued on.


''What's that smell?'' I snapped as my senses came back to me.


''Through in the living room, I ordered breakfast,'' He grinned like he had just won a prize.


I shuffled as best I could through to the lounge area my suite had and was amazed at the amount of food that was laid out on the glass table that sat in between the two cream couches. Everything I could ever of imagined sat steaming hot, he must of ordered the whole breakfast menu.


''I didn't know what you liked so I just decided to order what I like which is pretty much everything,'' He chuckled a little before moving round beside me and sliding an arm around my waist.


''Umm, I think I'm just gonna jump in a quick shower, won't be long,'' I felt a little uncomfortable with bed head hair and very little on, especially with him standing so close to me.


I jumped in the shower still trying to process everything. I figured I should call my therapist now that my nightmares were returning, it hadn't happened in a long while and we had discovered that it was only when I was emotional that they occurred but it could wait for now. I was more concerned about the large hockey player currently sitting on my couch, wondering the hell he would even think to come here, let along bring me breakfast. Men their worse than us women.


I decided just to slip on some shorts and a white tank top, blast my hair with the dryer and not really bother with how I looked. He was cute though, so maybe I should make a little effort. Just as I reached the door I darted back and dabbed some make up on my cheeks. Why on earth am I doing this?


''I started but don't worry I left plenty for you,'' All of sudden he seemed quite nervous as I sat down beside him giving him a small smile.


As we ate I studied him, he really was quite handsome. A little rough around the edges but I didn't want perfection. Perfections just boring. You don't need a man or a relationship, your independent. I tried feeding myself a big fat lie but everything ended up at his eyes, they were so understated. Every time I thought about something or tried to distract myself I looked at them and felt completely under his spell.


I was still quite mad at him for just assuming I would be okay with him just waltzing into my room but as he turned and held gaze all the rage suddenly left my body leaving me feeling slightly weak and with a feeling I was unaccustomed to.


He slid closer to where I was sitting, still peering deep in my eyes. Lifting his hand to sweep a stray strand of hair from face. The pad of his thumb rubbed along my cheek, drawing me into his touch. ''Your so beautiful,'' he whispered as leaned in, I felt his hot breath on my lips and shut my eyes. His lips touched mine ever so softly.


''Marissa, you awake,'' A banging came on the door, pulling us out of our moment. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. Damn is right! Shoo who ever that is away!

    I'm glad your back becky! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I agree with heather... bad timing!! SHOO

    I'm so happy you updated your stories =D!

    ReplyDelete