Saturday 5 September 2009

Chapter 8: Just Checking

I know I said the weekend and it's Monday but I lost my power cable for my laptop and it's batteries dodgy so I found it tonight and decided to come straight on and post this chapter :-) I love love love the comments, keep them coming :-D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


I looked at him trying to work out what I should do in this situation. I could either run or stay put and pray he doesn’t say anything. I couldn't pry my eyes from his and he just stood on the other side of the room looking at me as if he could see right through me. Hang on a minute, am I letting myself - a strong independent woman be reduced to melting mess? I don’t think so. I wasn’t about to let him see that I was a little fazed by him. I marched over to where he was standing.


‘’Marissa Jones,’’ I said while extending my hand, trying to gauge his reaction. I could tell he was surprised by the look on his face.


‘’Max Talbot,’’ He said in reply while grabbing my hand and shaking it firmly. ‘’I heard you were coming, it’s very nice to meet you.’’ He continued, a knowing smile spreading across his face.


I scanned his face for any signs of what he was planning next - nothing. He looked down at our hands which were still gripping each other, let out a small laugh, let go and turned back around -finishing off whatever he was doing beforehand. Well I wasn't expecting that. I was sure he was going to say something - just a little quip or a comment to set tongues wagging. But no, not a thing.


''Marissa, we'd like to take a few photo's before we head out to dinner with the team. So could you get beside Sid,'' I retreated to the safety of my entourage and did as I was told, I was never one to make a big fuss about a few pictures. I didn't really care how I looked.


We snapped some pics with 'the superstar' and some of the other players on the team. I smiled most of the time and pulled a few poses to keep it a little interesting. Before I knew it we were being bundled into the back of another SUV with blacked out windows. Ehh, what going here? ''I think you should change into something a little more dressed up, you can't go to a fancy restaurant with jeans on.'' My agent answered my question, personally I couldn't see a problem with what I was wearing but I'd change quickly and get it over with.


I rushed into my room and pulled out a monochrome mini dress and a pair of simple black Jimmy Choos, lifted a black clutch and fluffed my hair. http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/45096. I bypassed the mirror, sometimes they only made me self conscious.


Slipping into the up market restaurant mostly unseen. I clocked the large table of men at the far end of the room. I started to move but before I could go anywhere I felt a pulling on my wrist and stumbled into what I could only assume was the cloak room. I was spun around and I noticed someone kneeling at my feet and a small light, coming from a phone. Fingers ran over the calf with the number on it and finally whoever it was stood up to face me.


''Just making sure.'' Then he turned and left, leaving me standing there.


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a mean way to end this* lol

    Lovin' this story*

    Love the dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Oh Maxy! you crazy kid!

    I loved it Becky! I want more :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh love this story soo much! I'm glad you updated but now I'm on the edge of my seat... can't wait for the next one!!

    SO great =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! What a cruel way to end this chapter!

    ReplyDelete