Sunday 30 August 2009

Chapter 7: Ohh The Energy

Hey :-) Sorry it's been a while since I update but now I'm back in a routine with school I'll be able to update twice a week. This chapter's just a kind of filler so it's pretty short :-( I've actually already written the next chapter, I wrote it first because I had all these ideas for it haha I'm evil :-P So now I'm writing this one to fill a little gap but I'll post the next chapter at the weekend :-) I love love love the comments, they make me smile so much, keep them coming :-D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



The following day was spent doing press conferences and interviews. Repeating the same rehearsed lines over and over again. My publicist tells me what to say and I ramble on about how I adored working with Leo - which I suppose isn't a lie. How I loved working with the director - which is most definitely a lie. And finally how great the film is - which I don't even know becauase I haven't seen it.


What the hell do I wear to a hockey game? I wonder as I stand infront of my wardrobe pulling out random pieces of clothing. The maid had unpacked my case the day before, something I had told her I would do myself but she insisted - simply because I'm famous which I hate. It's not like I have some disability, I'm perfectly capable of hanging a few clothes on hangers and folding some of them and putting them in a drawer. People don't appreciate how hard hotel staff work to please the customers.


I know I need to be glamorous but casual. For big events I have a stylist but for daily life, I'm on my own. I finally decide on a pair of skinny jeans - I wear them religiously. A black v-neck sweater - I decide to put a white tank top under to stop everyone getting a very good look of the girls. A little bit of cleavage still on show, I slip on a pair of classic pair of black louboutin heels. I know we'll be sitting with the crowd and it'll be cold so I grab a jacket from a hanger and slip it on. Theres a knock on the door just as I go to open it for myself.


''Alright sweetheart, let's knock him dead.'' Leo says with a massive grin on his face, I confided him about that I was almost 100% sure that Max played for the Penguins. ''You look great by the way,'' He whispers in my ear as we make our way into the black SUV that's waiting for us at the entrance to the hotel.


We manage to get to our seats with being hassled to much and to make us look even more common we get hotdogs and beer so that we fit in with the crowd. I feel comfortable because the atmosphere is buzzing, everyones hoping for a win and deep down I know that's what we'll get.


The game starts and the three girls below me start to chatter on about the players. The go through a couple, discussing how hot they are or the rumours they've heard about them being a little on the promiscuous side. I let out a little giggle and they turn to look at me and I immediately straighten my face. I wonder . . .


''Hey, you girls wouldn't happen to know if someone called Max plays for the team?'' I ask the blonde one who has obviously caked her face in make up or fake tan.


''Max Talbot? OHH MY GOD! He is so fucking hot!'' She screams. Great, a burst ear drum thats all I need. I smile to myself.


''So ehh, what do you know about him?'' I ask gingerly, worried about what's going to come out of her mouth.


''He's a sex god! My friend once fucked him and she said that his stamina never faltered, his energy was amazing! Know what I mean?'' She said with a wink. I burst out laughing - maybe this guy was worth calling even if only for a little fun.


''Thanks,'' I said grinning as the girls turned their eyes back towards the game that eventually we won 3-2, I think.


We were brought down into the locker room and introduced to some of the player, we stopped at whom I assumed was the captain because of the rather large 'C' that was imprinted on his jersey.


''This is Sidney Crosby,'' The steward said quietly as if he was saying something he shouldn't.


Hmm, why does that name ring a bell, then it came to me. Amanda. I burst out laughing, my cheeks glowing red at the words she said. Then I saw those eyes looking at me. Damn, this was about to get interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Oh cruel way to end this update*
    lol

    But I loved it none-the-less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Oh my! I'm excited for the next chapter now Becky. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete