Monday 6 July 2009

Chapter 1: The Chat Show

''So Marissa hows life in your new apartment?'' The talk show host questioned. All anyone asked me was questions. My love life, my friends, my career, my houses but none of them ever asked how I was, how I felt. It had always annoyed but as the studio lights blinded me I held my tongue once more.


''Well Frank, life in the big city is as busy as always, my new apartments coming along great. I'm having Henry Holland decorate it for me, so I can't wait for it to be finished. Right now I'm actually staying in Crowne Plaza, it's a little strange living in a hotel but the room service is great!'' I replied with a big smile on my face. The audience began laughing at my little joke at the end. It always amazed me how in my head I would be thinking one thing and I would start saying another. I was always trying to please everyone.


''Still single?'' He said with a little smirk on his face. That's great, embaress me about my permanantly single status infront on live television. I know he doesn't decide what questions have to be asked but he could of had a heart and 'accidently' left that one out.


''Yeah, it's really hard to find the right guy in this city. Half of them are married and the rest are only after one thing. I'm still looking though.'' I replied. The truth was I was kind of hoping that one day I would stumble across Mr Right and we would live happily ever after. No such luck.


Here I was, 22, living alone in New York, well all except for my 2 cats, Mindy and Zelda but they're not big on the talking front. Two Oscars and 1 Golden Globe under my belt. An apartment in the Trump Towers, a house in the Hamptons and yet still no decent man in my life. My assistant Craig is constantly by my side, even he's had more boyfriends than I have! Ofcourse I'd had boyfriends, three male models, and one egotistical actor. That's the final count. My days were filled with gorgeous men, at the gym, on set, in stores and even just walking down the street. I was confident and hungry for success and I worked hard to get where I am now. After many conversations with Craig I finally decided that I scared men away because I wasn't one of those women who needed security and wanted protection. I wasn't afraid to speak my mind about issues, I figured I needed a man who could match how fiesty I was, someone who could cope with my flare and aggresiveness- when I wanted something that involved my career nothing and nobody could stand in my way from getting it. Anyway back to reality.


''Well that's all we have time for folks, we'll see you again next week!'' The host said. Thank God it was over I didn't think I could of taken another minute of interigation from him. He was orange, smarmy and on air he was the perfect gentleman but as soon as the camera stopped rolling he most definately wasn't the nicest of people.


I bypassed everyone on my way out and just walked right out the front doors, it took around 3 minutes for Craig to catch up with me. Hmm, usually it only takes two minutes - he must be having bad day. Thats makes two of us.


''Remember you have dinner with the girls tonight in the hotel restaurant,'' Ahh, my girls. The only people in the world who were capable of making me smile even on the darkest of days. I couldn't wait to see them . . . . . . . . .

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this story :-) Chapter 2 should be tomorow morning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute so far...can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay so I got rid of my old username airbear316!!!

    SO good. Spunky famous girrrls HERE I COMEEE

    ReplyDelete