Monday 6 July 2009

Chapter 2: A Knock Out

I love getting comments, they really make me want to write more :-) So I decided to just post the next chapter tonight since I'm buzzing, Jessie will know why :-D









As the afternoon wore on, I decided I should probably just head back to my hotel. I walked the same streets I had walked my whole life and it still amazed me, the city in all it's boldness. The architecture, the people, the general buzz. I was born and bred right here in New York City. Just my mom and me in a 2 bedroom apartment in Manhattan, yes believe it or not middle class people actually live in Manhattan. Somehow it gets a reputation as being full of wealthy socialites but honestly some hard working people own apartments and houses there. My mother and father seperated when I was younger, nothing dramatic ever happened - they just didn't work out. There was no nasty divorce, no loud arguements and nothing thrown at anyones head. Their still on good terms, for me but mostly because before they married they were friends and friendship is the base for any marriage. The Crowne Plaza is situated on Times Square, I walked into the lobby to find a bus load of men all standing at reception, thinking nothing of it I got in the elevator, made my way to my room and subsequently fell asleep on my wonderfully confortable king size bed.




Meowwww, Meowwww. Effing cats! Yep, I even get to keep my cats in my room, they're house cats incase you were wondering. I woke up to a cat stamping across my chest, quite obviously looking for food - Whiska's is all they'll eat. I checked the time, 5:07pm. Perfect timing. I hopped into the shower. Water- now thats an amazing thing, dontcha think? I wrapped a towel around myself, walked into the bedroom and stood infront of the mirror. Not bad actually. I put on a robe, plugged in my hair dryer and blasted my hair, I wasn't too bothered about looking absolutely stunning. I let it fall in its blonde waves, it stopped mid-way down my back. I had considered getting electric blue through it just to be a little different, know what I mean? I sweeped my side fringe to side, running my hands through my hair. I slipped on a purple strapless mini dress from Marchesa, tan coloured Jimmy Choo heels and quickly grabbed a little gold clutch bag from my night stand on my way out the door.



I walked casually through the lobby, I was bound to get noticed. My names Marissa Jones. I've been in a few films- that new one with Leo DiCaprio, ring any bells? Anyway I continued into the restaurant in the far corner, through the double doors and I stopped, swept the room looking for my girls. There they were right in the centre, waving like blithering idiots. All three of them were my saviours on days like these when I felt awful. Amanda, the vice president of some big ass investment company. Always has her iphone with her, it does not go further than 4 feet from her palm. When she lets her hair down she does it with style. Serena, the artist. Her flame coloured locks stood out a mile off, she was always creating new things whether it be on canvas or on the corner of a napkin. But what stands out most about her is her sense of humour, she's always cracking jokes to lighten the mood. Katie, the sex symbol of the four of us. She can make any man go to bed with her. She's elegant but flirtacious and most definately a tease. I'm almost sure she does it without even noticing.



I started to make my way over to the table when I caught someone out of the corner of my eye headed towards me from my right. They walked into me, knocking from my feet and onto the ground. Instictively I grabbed onto whoever it was, taking them to the deck with me. I opened my closed blue eyes to plain brown ones and a man with the cheekiest grin on his face.



''Hey,'' He said as if we were meeting casually and not as if he was laying on top of me, crushing me. Did he actually think I was up for a conversation with him?



Before I had to come up with a witty comeback, his arms were around me lifting me back onto my feet. I looked at him with his cute little grin and his black rimmed glasses. I ran my gaze over his body. Shit, stop checking him out. My gaze stopped at his abs which were quite clearly outlined by the shirt he was wearing. Ohh shit, did it again! I looked at his face which was now plastered with an even bigger grin.



''Max! Lets go, Now!'' I heard a baritone voice call from the lobby. I turned to see a tall blonde man with a disgusted look on his face.

''Bye beautiful,'' The man whos name was now obviously Max said as he began walking. I followed him as he strolled to where a group of men were standing. He turned and looked back and winked at me still with a cheeky grin on his face.



I sat down at my table and was bombarded with questions, what happened? What did he say? Then Katie held her hand infront of her as notice that the other two should stop talking immediately.


''So Max Talbot ehh, must mean the Penguins are in town,'' She said with a devilish grin on her face.

6 comments:

  1. Gaw, you're a fast one.. I didn't even have time to comment on chapter 1 before the second one was up! lol

    Love it, can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like it so far !
    update soon pleasee !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Max, always tripping over women! Haha! Great chapter Becky, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting...I like it!

    Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it...cant wait for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so see the grin on Max's face...so cute

    ReplyDelete