Wednesday 8 July 2009

Chapter 3: Mmmm....

Thanks for all the comments :-) Keep them coming :-D Here's a teaser: Chapter 4 will surprise you all :-P


None of us questioned Katie's remark about Max, we knew better not too. In the one event when we did ask her about a guy, she told us exactly how she knew him. From that point on neither of us wanted to know about Katie's escapades, we knew we'd only end up worrying about her more than we already do. Instead the three of us exchanged the usual look, the one that says: lets not go there tonight.



''What?'' Katie said as she caught our eyes darting towards each other.


''Nothing,'' We spoke unanimously and began to laugh as we realised how strange we all must of sounded.



The rest of our dinner went like clockwork. Each of us discussing the gossip we had all heard during our time apart - deciding whether it was the truth or all lies. Trading stories about the guys we had hooked up with, ofcourse I was my usual ''I'm permanently single'' self. To which the girls all told me ''The right one will come along soon''. They had been telling me this for last four years, with breaks inbetween for which ever asshole I happened to be seeing that week. Along with my thoughts about how I scared men off with my confidence and intelligence, I also wondered about whether on the file that all directors have about each actor or actress they have worked with, I figured mine must have, Marissa Jones: Destined To A Life With Her Cats, that's why I get all the parts, they must feel sorry me. I expressed my concerns with my friends who ofcourse said this was absolute rubbish. I agreed with them but in the back of my mind a little voice said they were wrong.



''Lets go to a club!'' Katie said as we payed for the evenings food and drinks. I wasn't really in the mood to go out but I didn't want to disappoint the others, I had bored them enough with my cat lady stories, time for some real fun.


''Definately.'' I tried to make it sound like I actually wanted to go but I'm not sure they were convinced as I caught Amanda sneaking a tell tale look to Serena.


We hailed a cab which smelled mildly like cheese but lets not go into what goes on these cabs. Katie gave the driver directions. As we sat in the many queues of traffic around the city, I began to think. Yes, I know me thinking is never a good thing. Tonight I was just going to let my hair down, I wasn't going to be picky, I was going to have a good time, No! Make that an amazing time! After at least 25 minutes of sitting in the same line of traffic that clearly wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, we decided just to pay the guy and walk the two blocks to the club. It was time for me to use my celebrity status. I let the photographers take a few pictures and then I turned my attention to the bouncer. He was a big burly man with a black jacket and an overly large nose, but he also had a list. The man with the list was who I wanted to see. This time however I didn't have to say a word he simply opened the door and inward we went. Sometimes it pays to be have a well known face.



After a few rounds of drinks I was most definately ready to dance, the four of us took to the dance floor and pretty soon I was dancing with numerous guys. Sorry I forgot to add there, numerous freaking HOT guys. I had turned my back and was grinding up against someone when I sensed a change of hands. I began to smell something that was turning me on extremely quickly. I felt big hands on either side of my hips, pulling me closer to his body. I straightened up and he moved a hand away from my right hip, brushed the hair away from neck and kissed the join where it met my shoulder. I moaned quietly. I turned and saw those plain brown eyes staring back at me again.


''I was hoping I'd see you again,'' He brought me closer than I thought was physically possible and whispered softly in my ear. My body shuddering at the feeling of his hot breath on my skin.

4 comments: